The market accepts EBT/Link cards and also major credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, and Discover) . Through the partnership and funding of the Fit for Kids Funders’ Consortium the market is able to allow customers to use their Link cards to buy items at the market.
NEW! LINK RECIPIENTS GET DOUBLE VALUE COUPONING in 2013!
Courtesy of BMO Harris Bank you can now use your Link Card at the Harvest
Market to be matched up to $20.00 in additional Link tokens per week! So if you swipe your Link card to take out $20.00 you will get an ADDITIONAL $20.00 to shop with for the total of $40.00. Click Link_Flyer to view more information and pass out to your friends, church, or others, or for Spanish click on Link_Flyer_Espanol.
HOW THE TOKEN SYSTEM WORKS:
The Harvest Market will sell wooden tokens to customers using a point of sale (POS) machine located at the Harvest Market Information tent. Two different types of tokens will be sold and will have different redemption requirements.
- LINK tokens will be GREEN and have the values $1.00 or $5.00 marked on each coin.
- GREEN LINK tokens can only be used to purchase fruit, vegetables, meats, fish, spices, poultry, dairy products, seeds and plants intended for growing food.
- LINK tokens MAY NOT be used to purchase non-food items, foods intend for consumption at the market, or hot foods.
NO CHANGE can be provided for LINK tokens.
- CREDIT CARD tokens will be PURPLE and have the values $1.00 or $5.00 marked on each coin.
- PURPLE tokens can be used to purchase any items at the market, including arts/crafts, other non-food items, flowers and non-food plants, and foods intended for consumption at the market.
CHANGE CAN BE PROVIDED for PURPLE tokens.
For a detailed flowchart of how the tokens work click on the following: Elgin Market Chart
For questions call the Downtown Neighborhood Association at 847.488.1456 and talk to Sue Shipyor or Jennifer Benson or email firstname.lastname@example.org.