The Downtown Neighborhood Association is excited to open its 14th season of the Downtown Elgin Harvest Market – Presented by Alexian Brothers Health System on Thursday, June 6 with brand new market hours from 9am – 2pm. Located prominently in downtown Elgin at 200 N. Grove Avenue, this weekly outdoor farmer’s market will run for eighteen consecutive weeks thru October 3.
Notable 2013 Downtown Elgin Harvest Market opening day offerings:
– Free Alexian Brothers backpacks and Davey Tree tote bags and water bottles for customers;
– More than 20 area vendors offering locally grown and produced fresh, quality vegetables, breads, meat, cheese, eggs, olives, spices, honey, herbs, pickled products, raspberry edibles, soaps, dog treats, knife sharpening, and concessions;
– WRMN-AM 1410 will be broadcasting live at the market with their Radio Shopping Show;
– Thanks in part to a grant from the Florence B. and Cornelia A. Palmer Foundation, the Harvest Market will now promote local musicians weekly at a daytime venue in downtown Elgin with live entertainment at the market. Rock N Bach will be performing 10am – 11:30am and Noah Gabriel will perform noon – 2pm.
– NEW! Along with accepting Link, Debit, and Credit cards, in partnership with BMO Harris Bank and the Fit For Kids Funders Consortium, the Harvest Market will now offer a double couponing value for Link customers. Customers using their Link cards at the market will now be matched up to $20.00 in additional Link tokens per person per week while funding lasts;
– Two weekly local artist booths will be set up with different art exhibits and art for sale – organized by Art for All and Side Street Studio Arts;
– The Elgin Fire Department will also be on hand weekly with fire trucks and various fire fighting and rescue equipment to give the public the opportunity to meet and mingle with their local firefighters and become familiar with the tools of their trade;
– Weekly interactive, informational community and sponsor booths focusing on wellness, environment, sustainability, and the community will be staffed and operated by organizations including Elgin Bicycle & Pedestrian Advisory Committee, Elgin Climate Change Organization, Gail Borden Public Library, The Hemmens Cultural Center, and Shared Harvest Elgin Food Cooperative.
NEW! “Rainbowland: An Adventure at the Market” begins Thursday, June 13 running for nine weeks from noon – 2pm each week featuring kids programming catered to children from grades Pre through 6th grade. Sponsored in part by Bright Horizons, this program will feature three 20 minutes sessions from active fitness fun, to cooking demos, to an interactive activity as well as fun stuff to bring home!
For more details about weekly events, vendor information, live entertainment and attractions at the 2013 Downtown Elgin Harvest Market, visit www.ElginHarvestMarket.com.
The Downtown Elgin Harvest Market is presented by Alexian Brothers Health System and is sponsored by Davey Tree Expert Company, Waste Management, Chiro One , D’Angelo Natural Spring Water, Judge Family Chiropractic/Maximized Living, Responsive Mailroom, Salon Couture, Shared Harvest Elgin Food Cooperative, Simple Balance Holistic Center, and Ziegler’s Ace Hardware.
For more information on the Downtown Elgin Harvest Market or how to get involved, please contact Harvest Market manager Jennifer Benson at 847-488-1456 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.